|Student Teaching Public Schools|
|ST TCH K-3|
|CLASS CODE:||ECSE 492||CREDITS: 12|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||One of three student teaching experiences for students enrolled in the ECSE Teacher Licensure Program. Students will typically spend seven weeks in each of two roles: the role of general education teacher and the role of special education teacher, grades kindergarten through third. Students will receive practical, hands-on experiences in classroom management, instructional design and delivery, collaboration, and educational assessment. A weekly seminar will serve as the forum in which student teachers can address challenges and concerns while sharing experiences, expertise, and successes.|
|TAUGHT:||Fall, Winter, Summer|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Teaching Methods:
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Carry-out and participate in the multi-disciplinary and non-discriminatory evaluation process of young children.
2. Design and implement lesson plans, IEP goals and objectives, and individualized instruction.
3. Make accommodation and provide effective intervention services with accompanying documentation as an agent for change.
4. Demonstrate effective collaboration with professionals/parents by meeting the needs/outcomes through another and by helping another meet needs from his/her perspective/sought outcomes.
5. Design effective age-appropriate activities and curriculum for daily early grade school routines to meet individual needs of children K-3rd grade.
6. Know National/State Standards for educating students K-3rd grade.
|PREREQUISITES:||ELED 420, ECSE 490, ECSE 491, ECSE Major; must have completed 75 credits; consent of instructor.|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2003|