|Classroom Applications of Technology|
|CLASS CODE:||ELED 260||CREDITS: 2|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||This course extends basic technology skills and applies them to the classroom. Topics to be covered will include HyperStudio, data bases, web pages, and grading programs.|
|TAUGHT:||Fall, Winter, Summer|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Teaching Methods:
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Identify the parts of a computer.
2. Determine the configuration (operating system, disk space, memory) of a computer.
3. Discuss and explain copyright issues and trends.
4. Evaluate a piece of education software.
5. Write lesson plans that integrate technology in classroom practice.
6. Implement a variety of tools (i.e., word processor, spreadsheet, electronic presentations, graphics, Internet, etc.) into classroom instruction.
7. Perform basic functions in a variety of productivity tools (i.e. word processor, spreadsheet, electronic presentations, graphics, Internet, etc.)
8. Advocate true technology integration in the classroom.
10. Pass the ITPA (Idaho Technology Performance Assessment) Exam.
Multiple Choice Final
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2004|