|Music Curriculum & Methods|
|MUS CURR & MET|
|CLASS CODE:||ELED 360||CREDITS: 2|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||This course will establish a classroom environment for musical development. Emphasis will be on appropriate songs, activities, resources, and teaching strategies so music can be used to teach curriculum content.|
|TAUGHT:||Fall, Winter, Summer|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Demonstration
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Sing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
2. Perform on instruments alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
3. Read and notate music and identify basic elements of music.
4. Compose, arrange, and improvise accompaniments.
5. Listen to, analyze, and respond to music.
6. Critique and evaluate music and musical performances.
7. Integrate music in other curricular areas.
8. Relate music to historical periods and other cultures.
9. Integrate music and other visual arts.
Integrated Lesson Plan
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2004|