|Art Curriculum and Methods|
|ART CUR & METH|
|CLASS CODE:||ELED 350||CREDITS: 2||FEE: $10.00|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||This course provides pre-service preparation for K-12 classroom teachers in the visual arts content area with emphasis on the development of classroom materials and instructional strategies.|
|TAUGHT:||Fall, Winter, Summer|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Teaching Methods:
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Create lesson plans with an emphasis on curriculum integration.
2. Identify the elements and principles of art.
3. Understand the connection of art concepts in differentiating instruction.
4. Understand and define 3-5 periods of art history.
5. Demonstrate an awareness of the developmental levels of school-aged children.
6. Understand art as an intelligence.
Lesson Plan Integration
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2004|