|CLASS CODE:||SECED 252||CREDITS: 2|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||This required secondary education core course is restricted to secondary ed majors and is taught by faculty from Instructional technology. Students will acquire technology skills to pass the Idaho Technology Exam and to enhance their teaching and management competencies.|
|TAUGHT:||Fall, Winter, Summer|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Introduces prospective secondary teachers to educational technology for use in instruction, assessment, and professional productivity. The course is designed to prepare future teachers to pass the state-mandated technology competency requirement.
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Identify the parts of a computer.
2. Determine the configuration (operating system, disk space, memory) of a computer.
3. Discuss and explain copyright issues and trends.
4. Write lesson plans that integrate technology in classroom practice.
5. Implement a variety of tools (i.e., word processor, spreadsheet, electronic presentations, graphics, Internet, etc.) into classroom instruction.
6. Perform basic functions in a variety of productivity tools (i.e., word processor, spreadsheet, electronic presentations, graphics, Internet, etc.)
7. Advocate true technology integration in the classroom.
8. Pass the ITPA (Idaho Technology Performance Assessment) Exam.
9. Evaluate a piece of education software.
Multiple Choice Final
|OTHER:||SECONDARY EDUCATION MAJORS ONLY. REQUIRES AT LEAST 30 COMPLETED CREDIT HOURS.|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2003|