|Fundamentals of Fashion Design|
|FUND FASH DES|
|CLASS CODE:||HFED 107||CREDITS: 1|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||HOME & FAMILY EDUCATION|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Concepts include apparel styles, fashion development and careers in the fashion industry.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Analyze Apparel; The Textile and Apparel Industries; Illustrate Apparel Design Skills; Examine Apparel Selection; Analyze Career Options Within the Textiles and Apparel Industry; Identify On-Line Resources.|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Exhibit a working knowledge of fashion terms.
2. List opportunities, demands, and rewards of fashion careers, merchandising, and design.
3. Recognize and apply basic design principles and elements in relationship to ready to wear apparel for each of the five basic price groups.
4. Implement design plan in the form of a story board.
5. Build a portfolio of various apparel designs.
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. Analyze the meaning of apparel and fashion and relate to culture.
2. Examine the impact of fashion trends and forecasting on clothing.
3. Describe garment styles and features.
4. Examine the development of the fashion industry.
5. Explore the textile industry.
6. Examine the apparel production, promotion and retailing industries.
7. Evaluate quality of apparel and textile products.
8. Examine strategies for becoming a well-informed consumer.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2004|