|Dining Room Operations|
|DNG RM OPS|
|CLASS CODE:||CA 152||CREDITS: 2|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||HOME & FAMILY EDUCATION|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Management principles specifically related to front-of-the-house operations. Emphasis is placed on cost control, service styles, sales techniques and beverage management.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Napkin Folding & Table Setting; Service Styles; Al a Carte Service vs. Buffet Service; Buffet Set-up; Service Etiquette/Meeting the Public; Etiquette; Responsible Beverage Service;
Wine Lexicon; The Basics of Supervision/Culinary and Service Terms;Merchandising and Sales Promotion.
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Prepare and serve appropriate nonalchoholic beverages.
2. Describe American, English, French, and Russian Service.
3. Demonstrate the general rules of table settings and service.
4. Appreciate how a professional server should look and behave.
5. Discuss service methods such as banquets, buffets, and catering, as well as a la carte.
6. Understand procedures for processing guest checks.
7. Identify equipment and glassware used for beverage preparation and service.
|REQUIREMENTS:||Portfolio/Journal; Competencies/ Attendance/Participation; Examinations/Quizzes/ Worksheets; Peer Evaluations; Instructor Evaluations|
|PREREQUISITES:||Culinary Arts Major|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2003|