|Quantity Food Production|
|QUANT FOOD PRO|
|CLASS CODE:||CA 170||CREDITS: 2|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||HOME & FAMILY EDUCATION|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Experience working with menus and production of food for large groups. Will be working in BYU-I food service kitchen.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Quantity food preparation, sandwich and salad production|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Accurately adjust recipes for large quantities.
2. Identify food sanitation and safety concerns when dealing with quantity production.
3. Prepare a menu for a large group using proper portioning and quantity requisition.
4. Write a standardized recipe.
5. Understand work flow and flow of goods in a food service establishment.
6. Participate in the proper receiving and storage of product.
7. Understand the structure and purpose of a large food service organization.
|REQUIREMENTS:||Portfolio/Journal; Competencies; Attendance/Participation; Examinations/Quizzes/Worksheets; Peer Evaluations; Instructor Evaluations|
|PREREQUISITES:||Culinary Arts Major|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2002|