|CLASS CODE:||CA 234||CREDITS: 2||FEE: $20.00|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||HOME & FAMILY EDUCATION|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||The advanced preparation and construction of classical desserts, sauces and breads. Includes wedding cake construction.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Dessert presentation and decorative work, laminated doughs|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Produce a variety of types of pies and tarts.
2. Produce a variety of types of cookies.
3. Prepare a variety of cakes and describe techniques used in mixing, panning, baking and advanced decorating.
4. Prepare laminated doughs.
5. Prepare Choux pastries.
6. Prepare the three basic meringue types.
7. Prepare creams, custards, puddings and related sauces.
8. Prepare a variety of dessert sauces.
9. Demonstrate a tiered wedding cake.
10. Know the classical desserts and related sauces.
11. Demonstrate ability to create plate designs for desserts.
|REQUIREMENTS:||Attendance, competencies, quizzes|
|PREREQUISITES:||Culinary Arts Major|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2003|