|Advanced Confectionery Techniques|
|ADV CONF TECH|
|CLASS CODE:||CA 240||CREDITS: 1||FEE: $20.00|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||HOME & FAMILY EDUCATION|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Advanced preparation of candy and chocolate products.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Molded chocolate, chocolate decorations, sugar work, the art of plated desserts|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Identify types of chocolate and work with chocolate, including tempering.
2. Develop advanced decorating and finishing techniques for cakes.
3. Prepare ice-creams, sherbets, sorbets, frozen yogurts and other complex frozen desserts.
4. Prepare hot and cold souffles.
5. Use marzipan and prepare marzipan fruits.
6. Prepare various types of candies.
7. Cook sugar and do basic sugar works.
8. Create centerpieces in chocolate, sugar, and pastillage.
|REQUIREMENTS:||Attendance, competencies, quizzes, plate design|
|PREREQUISITES:||Culinary Arts Major|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2003|