|Advanced Dining Room Operations|
|ADV. DNG RM OP|
|CLASS CODE:||CA 252||CREDITS: 2|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||HOME & FAMILY EDUCATION|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Advanced management principles specifically related to front-of-the-house operations. Emphasis is placed on supervisory skills and management principles.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Dining room organization and management; wine lexicon; dining room operation; motivation and job performance; controlling dining room labor cost; cashiering and revenue control|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Learn how to control dining room costs.
2. Understand beverage management including wine service, bar management, and drink preparation.
3. Track menu items.
4. Implement proper dining room management through set-up, design, service, and cashiering.
5. Learn different sales techniques and marketing strategies.
6. Discuss training procedures for dining room staff.
7. Demonstrate an understanding of customer service and relations, situations and accomodations for the disabled.
8. Explain inter-relationhips and work flow between dining room and kitchen operations.
9. Identify levels of intoxication and methods to control excessive consumption.
10. Discuss the Dram Shop Act and Liquor Liability Law.
|REQUIREMENTS:||Portfolio/Journal; Competencies; Attendance/Participation; Examinations/Quizzes/Worksheets; Peer Evaluations; Instructor Evaluations|
|PREREQUISITES:||Culinary Arts Major|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2003|