|Fitting and Alteration|
|FITTING & ALT|
|CLASS CODE:||HFED 345||CREDITS: 3|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||HOME & FAMILY EDUCATION|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Basic fitting and alteration of women's patterns, constructed and ready-to-wear garments. Materials: approximately $75 or more.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Students will learn to identify and alter fitting problems in custom-made and ready-to-wear garments. They willl increase and improve construction skills and techniques, and simple designing procedures.|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Alter patterns to correct fitting problems.
2. Construct properly fitted garments.
3. Alter ready-to-wear fitting problems.
4. Increase and improve construction skills.
5. Do individual figure analysis
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. Figure analysis
2. Skirt, pant and shirt flat-pattern alterations.
3. Muslin skirt and pattern alterations.
4. A-line and 6-gore skirt patterns.
5. Fashion skirt, pant and shirt construction and fit.
|PREREQUISITES:||HFED 207, HFED 245, HFED 307|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2004|