|CLASS CODE:||HFED 150||CREDITS: 2||FEE: $20.00|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||HOME & FAMILY EDUCATION|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Students rotate on a five-week basis in areas covering food preparation, basic sewing and home and family management skills. Emphasis is on practical, hands-on learning experiences.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Values, Goals, Standards; Communication; Teaching Children; Interior Design; Home Organization/Filing; Decision-making; Home Food Storage; Financial Management; Clothing Care/Repair; Apron & basic hat; Nutrition; Meal Planning; Yeast Breads; Quick Meals; Pies; Quick Meals; Meats & Gravies; Pies, Candies, Cream Puffs|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Apply basic nutrition principles in planning balanced meals.
2. Demonstrate correct procedures for sanitation and safe food handling.
3. Prepare foods using appropriate food preparation techniqes.
4. Use correct terminology and equipment procedures in producing sewn articles.
5. Implement solutions for altering and repairing apparel clothing.
6. Demonstrate proper construction techniques.
7. Evaluate fundamental concepts of management as a foundation for application in their lives.
8. Analyze current management practices.
9. Recognize the effectiveness of successful management techniques for individuals and families.
|REQUIREMENTS:||Quizzes; Projects on Floor Plan, Clothing Repair, Pillowcase, Financial Plan, Recipe Evaluation, Journaling; Final Exam|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2002|