|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
- Incorporating the writing process: prewriting, drafting, responding, revising, and editing.
- Writing papers illustrating varied aims: informing, evaluating, persuading.
- Understanding, in both writing and reading, rhetorical modes including narration, description, process, classification, comparison, causal analysis, definition.
- Understanding an author's audience, purpose, main point, and organization.
- Researching with an understanding of library sources, data bases, and web resources.
- Distinguishing among primary and secondary sources and effective use of quotation, paraphrase, and summary.
- Documenting sources according to an acceptable style sheet, such as MLA and APA.