|Biblical Hebrew I H|
|BIB HEBREW I|
|CLASS CODE:||HEB 101H||CREDITS: 3||FEE: $5.00|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Beginning Biblical Hebrew emphasizing reading and grammar. This course assumes no prior knowledge of the Hebrew language.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Texts
1. Biblia Hebraica Stutragrentsia
2. Davidsonís Introduction to Hebrew Grammar
3. A Concise Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament
4. Biblical Hebrew Workbook: An Inductive Study for Beginners
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||The student should be able to use the lexicons and grammars to successfully translate portions of the Hebrew Bible.|
1. In class reading and translating portions of the Hebrew Bible (50% of the grade).
2. Written tests over translations covered in class (50 % of the grade).
|PREREQUISITES:||You must have a 3.5 or higher accumulative GPA to take an Honors course.|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2001|