|CLASS CODE:||HORT 329||CREDITS: 3|
|DIVISION:||AGRICULTURAL AND LIFE SCIENCES|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Irrigation of turf and landscape plants. Design of irrigation and landscape lighting systems, with selection and assembly of components.
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Have a working knowledge of frequently used irrigation components and how they are used.
2. Understand the principles of basic hydraulics and be able to calculate precipitation rates, pipe sizing, static and dynamic water pressure.
3. Have a working knowledge of wiring and operation of electric values and controllers.
4. Be able to correctly design a variety of typical systems.
5. Be able to install a simple irrigation system.
6. Be familiar with the use of drip irrigation.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2003|