|CLASS CODE:||HORT 115||CREDITS: 0.5|
|DIVISION:||AGRICULTURAL AND LIFE SCIENCES|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||A survey of career opportunities and skills needed in the horticulture industry. Emphasis is placed on gaining familiarity with the BYU-Idaho campus and systems of learning at the university level.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||-Time Management
-Personal System Development
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Have a better understanding of horticulture industry.
2. Become more aware of educational and career opportunities.
3. Increase learning and studying skills.
4. Enhance personal time management.
5. Learn and practice interactive social skills.
1. Have a better understanding of horticulture. 2. Gain familiarity with many branches of horticulture.
3. Become more aware of educational and career opportunities.
4. Increase learning and studying skills.
5. Enhance personal time management.
6. Learn and practice interactive social skills.
|REQUIREMENTS:||Required for all Horticulture majors|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 1994|