|LEADERS IN AG|
|CLASS CODE:||AGBUS 238||CREDITS: 3||FEE: $25.00|
|DIVISION:||AGRICULTURAL AND LIFE SCIENCES|
|DEPARTMENT:||AGRICULTURE BUSINESS SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Provides opportunities to develop leadership and increase occupational competency.|
|TAUGHT:||Fall and Winter|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||This class is intended to provide students with opportunities to relate positively to others in a variety of situations, participate in activities that develop leadership, and participte in activities that increase occupational competency. To enhance the curriculum, The National Postsecondary Agricultural Student Organization (PAS) has been chosen. The organization provides opportunities for individual growth, leadership and career preparation locally, statewide and nationally. * Communication skills, public speaking.
* Group dynamics & team building.
* Problem solving and decision making.
* Goal setting. Self concept. Getting a job, resumes, applications, and interviews.
* Developing leaders.
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Develop leadership and communication skills.
2. Solve problems, make decisions, and set goals.
3. Deliver prepared and extemporaneous speeches.
4. Learn the principles of group dynamics and team building.
5. Conduct successful meetings.
6. Examine the principles of self-concept and review learning and leadership styles.
7. Make the transition to work skills.
8. Learn the process of getting a job; resumes, applications, and interviews.
9. Learn how to keep a job.
10. Discuss the principles of leadership through financial management and security.
11. Participate in the National Postsecondary Agricultural Student Organization (PAS).
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2001|