|CLASS CODE:||ID 398||CREDITS: 3 - 6|
|DIVISION:||PERFORMING AND VISUAL ARTS|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Four-week supervised work experience with a professional design firm. For those specializing in kitchen and bath design, an eight-week internship is required with a certified kitchen designer (CKD) or bath designer (CBD).|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||1. To provide the student with interior design experience related to business procedures, forms, etc.
2. To provide the students with actual hands-on design experience within the framework of a professional office.
3. To expose the student to design process relating to the programming, design, contracts & contract administration phases within a professional design office.
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:|
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. The student will fill out the required forms contained in the packet to be submitted to the instructor and the employer.
2. The student will mail a copy of the Weekly Time Sheet to the instructor each week with a short written evaluation of the week's work.
3. The student will work for the design firm for a total of 160 hours for a regular internship. (For a Kitchen & Bath internship, the student is required to work 320 hours.)
4. The student will follow through with the student evaluation forms the employer is required to complete and mail to the instructor.
5. The student will provide the instructor with the name, address, and phone number of the employer responsible for the internship evaluation prior to commencing the internship.
6. The student will write a two-page paper evaluating the internship experience, ie., positive and negative aspects, what was learned, etc.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2001|