|CLASS CODE:||ID 465||CREDITS: 2|
|DIVISION:||PERFORMING AND VISUAL ARTS|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Preparation of portfolio for the job search. Twelve projects required. Resume included. Required last semester prior to graduation.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||This course is designed to aid senior students in preparation of the portfolio. Emphasis is placed on quality portfolio pieces and finalized resume in preparation for the job search.|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||At the conclusion of this course, the student will:
1. Produce a professional portfolio of at least six major and six minor projects. These will include specification books, color and finish boards, and blueprints. Photographs of 3D projects, Design Basics projects, Color projects, Suface Ornamentation, and Furniture Design can be included in the minor projects required.
2. Update and finalize in written and graphic format a resume for employment purposes.
3. Evaluate competency by assessing the completed portfolio work in respect to employment seeking qualities.
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. The student will review portfolio pieces and select at least six major projects to revise for the portfolio.
2. The student will review and revise at least six minor projects for the portfolio, i.e. drafting portfolio, Surface Ornamentation, color, design basics, furniture design, 3D, etc.
3. The student will produce a professional creative resume in preparation for the job search.
4. The student will write a contract stating the work he/she intends to complete during the semester with approximate deadlines. One signed copy to go to the instructor.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2001|