|CLASS CODE:||MUSIC 373A||CREDITS: 2|
|DIVISION:||PERFORMING AND VISUAL ARTS|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||This course provides music education students with the technical knowledge and pedagogical information needed for teaching brass instruments to beginnng and intermediate students.|
|TAUGHT:||Fall, Winter, Summer|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Instruments taught will be trumpet, French horn, baritone, trombone, and tuba. Every method taught will include an objective for teaching students with multicultural and special needs.|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Develop skills for classroom instruction of all brass instruments.
2. Learn to play all brass instruments.
3. Be able to access resources available to actual classroom teachers.
4. Develop an understanding of basic principles of brass instruments and their performance.
5. Develop strategies and techniques to teach basic principles of music and brass playing to young students.
6. Gain an understanding of and techniques for dealing with classroom management issues related to teaching brass instruments in a group setting.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2002|