|Applied Music Lessons - Jury - Voice|
|CLASS CODE:||MUSIC 360D||CREDITS: 2 - 3||FEE: $327|
|DIVISION:||PERFORMING AND VISUAL ARTS|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Private lessons for junior/senior music majors; twelve 50-minute lessons per semester|
|TAUGHT:||Fall, Winter, Summer|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Vocal and interpretive skill applied to classical vocal literature.|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Increase understanding and application of technique, ability to perform securely, and abiity to perform musically.
2. Acquire high level motor skill.
3. Analyze theoretical components of solo literature.
4. Acquire higher level musical concepts commensurate with solo literature.
6. Understand pedagogical aspects of music being learned.
7. Acquire, improve, and explore instrument skills for music majors.
|REQUIREMENTS:||1 1/2 to 3 hours daily practice. Jury exam may be waived in favor of recital if Music 461 or 462 (recital) is taken. Attendance and participation at private lesson and weekly master class.|
|PREREQUISITES:||Music 155, and enough Music 160 to pass a Level IV jury in voice with a B- or above.|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2003|