|Seminary Teaching Seminar|
|CLASS CODE:||REL 475||CREDITS: 2|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course fulfills a General Education - Religion requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||This course deals with current teaching issues and needs. Trainees are also employeed part-time and may teach from one to three classes of seminary each day. Trainees are evaluated to determine whether they should be considered for a full-time seminary teaching position.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||This course deals with current teaching issues and needs. Trainees are also employeed part-time and may teach from one to three classes of seminary classes. Throughout the school year trainees are evaluated to determine whether they should be considered for a full-time seminary teaching position with CES.|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Become the best teacher possible.
2. Develop Scripture Mastery variety and skills and learn to help students master the principles and doctrines from all 100 scripture mastery verses.
3. Learn the role of Seminary teachers in counseling students.
4. Review occupational hazards and the process of becoming a CES Couple/Family.
5. Add more Scripture Study skills and learn how to help students master those same scripture study skills.
6. Help students study the scriptures with faith.
7. Develop classroom unity and discipline, being firm but fair while honoring principles that edify.
8. Accept the Lord's will in our lives.
|PREREQUISITES:||Rel 471 and Instructors consent. For prospective Seminary teachers only.|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2003|