|Group Guitar Instruction - Level 2|
|GRP GUITAR 2|
|CLASS CODE:||MUSIC 113||CREDITS: 2|
|DIVISION:||PERFORMING AND VISUAL ARTS|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Designed for students with music reading ability and basic classic guitar technique. Emphasis on solos in 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions plus expanded chord vocabulary. Includes instruction in fingerstyle arrangement of student's choice of melody.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||1st, 2nd and 3rd positions plus expanded chord vocabulary. Fingerstyle arrangement of student's choice of melody.|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Learn to play solos in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd positions
2. Expand the chordal vocabulary to include secondary, extended, altered, barre and secondary dominant chords.
3. Learn arpeggio and fingerpicking patterns.
4. Create a fingerstyle arrangement for a melody.
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. Class preparation (practice 1 hour/day, 5-6 days/week) and attendance (includes mandatory individual session/week with instructor, if recommended) - 25 percent
2. Perform 1 solo/1 arpeggiated accompaniment for midterm - 25 percent
3. Submit and perform 1 fingerstyle arrangement (recital at end of semester) - 25 percent
4. Perform 1 solo/1 study for final - 25 percent
|PREREQUISITES:||Music 109 or equivalent. Music reading required. Student must have own guitar.|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2002|