PRIN MGRL ACCT
||BUSINESS & COMMUNICATION
This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.
||Emphasizes use of accounting data in decision making and seeks to sharpen analytical and interpretative skills.
||Winter, Summer, Fall
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:
- Overview of managerial accounting
- Cost terms, concepts and classifications
- Job order costing
- Cost behavior - analysis and use
- Cost-volume profit relationships
- Standard costs and the balanced scorecard
- Flexible budgets and performance reports
- Segment reporting and decentralization
- Relevant costs
- Capital Budgeting
- Statement of cash flows, and Financial
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
- To build and sharpen the students' analytical
and interpretative skills through exposure to
many business situations in which accounting
data are needed and used by the manager.
- To master the concepts (and topics listed
above) of managerial accounting so that
students can understand and use them in the
decision making process.
- To prepare students for higher level management and accounting courses where this material is prerequisite to understanding strategy, policy, and more difficult problems.
||Daily homework using Excel, chapter quizzes, two
or three exams, and a final exam.