|Skills for Family Nursing (CLUSTER)|
|CLASS CODE:||SFN 302||CREDITS: 4|
|DIVISION:||AGRICULTURAL AND LIFE SCIENCES|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||CLUSTER COURSE F0R NON-NURSING MAJORS ONLY. This course is designed to help the Non-Nursing Major understand basic principles of women's health and care of pregnant women and roles. It also covers fundamental principles in caring for the expectant mother, the newborn infant, and women's health issues. Cluster courses for non-nursing majors ONLY.
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||At the conclusion of this class the learner will be able to:
1. Compare and contrast normal and abnormal growth and development processes of women from adolescence though adulthood.
2. Increase awareness of the importance of health promotion for adolescence women through adulthood.
3. Identify risk factors and appropriate interventions for women across the life span.
4. Describe prenatal growth and development.
5. Demonstrate an awareness of appropriate health care during pregnancy, labor and delivery and the post-partum process.
6. Develop a basic knowledge of normal and abnormal changes that take place during pregnancy.
7. Identify basic care of the newborn.
|PREREQUISITES:||Bio 100, Bio 150, or Permission of Instructor|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2003|