|CLASS CODE:||PE 330||CREDITS: 2|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||To analyze and study the mind and movement as it applies to the psychological principles of activity in sports and activity.|
|TAUGHT:||Winter, Summer, Fall|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Class will include coaching philosophy, sport psychology, motivational technique, and an examination of different coaching styles. Students will learn how to plan effective practice schedules and other essential team procedures.|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||The student will learn:
1. To define sports psychology
2. Do sports psychology research
3. Learn how to focus on the mental aspects of sport performance.
4. How to deal with the behavior of athletes
|REQUIREMENTS:||The student will:
1. Pass written and practical testing.
3. Do projects approved or assigned by instructor.
4. Attend class and participate
5. Learn through discussion, research, lecture, experience, situation learning, and study analysis
|PREREQUISITES:||Recommended PEC 350, PEC 333, PEC 334|
|OTHER:||Class meets two days a week for lecture|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2004|