|CLASS CODE:||PE 118||CREDITS: 1||FEE: $4.00|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||To introduce and instruct students in basic wallyball skills.|
|TAUGHT:||Winter, Summer, Fall|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||The student will:
1. Learn and exhibit knowledge of history, game rules, etiquette, and basic offenses and defenses of the game of wallyball.
2. Review the correct neurological development of the six basic wallyball skills
3. Practice using walls with quicker reactions and angles to play the ball in game settings.
4. Encourage positive and hard working social interactions between participants in the class and in game participation efforts as well
5. Follow directions, control emotinos, and work hard in a training and competitive environment.
6. Appreciate body and how wonderful it is
7. Participate, work hard, and strive for excellence
8. Grow in self-confidence and other spiritual values through the development of new and fun abilities that can be enjoyed now and throughout life
|REQUIREMENTS:||The student will:
1. Receive instruction through demonstration, lecture, one-on-one coaching, training periods
2. Participate in game settings, partner practice, scrimmages, and tournaments
3. Have a positive attitude and receive positive feedback and constructive criticism
4. Attend class and participate
5. Pass skill tests
|OTHER:||1. Two unexcused absence allowed.
2. Four or more absences will result in automatic failure.
3. Pass/Fail grade is available with less than four absences.
4. BYU-Idaho clothing is required
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2004|