|CLASS CODE:||PE 121||CREDITS: 1|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||To teach students fundamentals and strategies of softball.|
|TAUGHT:||Winter, Summer, Fall|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||This course is designed for the students to understand the games of fast and slow pitch softball and the rules and skills that are required to play and teach the game of softball.|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||The student will:
1. Be able to officially score a fast or slow pitch softball game
2. Develop a knowledge and understanding of strategy in both games
3. Develop skills to hit, pitch, and base running
4. Exhibit ability to organize a tournament
5. Develop and exhibit knowledge and skill of fundamental rules and strategies of softball
|REQUIREMENTS:||The student will:
1. Learn through lectures, skill instruction, game scenarios, videos, and drills
2. Pass skill and written tests
3. Participate in tournaments
4. Attend class and participate
|OTHER:||1. Two unexcused absences allowed.
2. Four or more absences will result in automatic failure.
3. Pass/Fail grade is available with less than four absences.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2004|