|CLASS CODE:||PE 127||CREDITS: 1|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||This class is designed to help student learn more advanced techniques in the sport of archery through hands-on application of using the bow and arrow through lecture, demonstration, and practice of archery skills.|
|TAUGHT:||Winter, Summer, Fall|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Exhibit fundamentals of safe archery.
2. Practice and improve archery skills
3. Learn to interact with other class members
4. Develop and exhibit a more advanced skill of archery
5. Exhibit skills and knowledge of rules of more disciplined archery
|REQUIREMENTS:||The student will:
1. Exhibit knowledge and skill of beyond intermediate archery
2. Attend class and participate.
3. Students must purchase six arrows and a set of finger tabs; approximate cost per student is $30. Meet with instructor the first day of class before purchasing arrows.
4. Learn through discussion, demonstration, unstructured practice, and guided practice
5. Pass skill tests
|PREREQUISITES:||Previous archery experience and skills to an intermediate level.|
|OTHER:||1. Two unexcused absences allowed.
2. Four or more absences will result in automatic failure.
3. Pass/Fail grade is available with less than four absences.
4. Bows are available to use. See instructor the first day of class
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2004|