|CLASS CODE:||PE 141||CREDITS: 1||FEE: $4.00|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||To provide skills and strategies of intermediate basketball.|
|TAUGHT:||Winter, Summer, Fall|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||To exhibit a knowledge of the game rules of playing basketball, improve skills of offensive and defensive basketball play oriented to both the individual and team to enable a student to participate in and enjoy a game of basketball.
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||Each student will:
1. Exhibit team effort
2. Develop skills to teach rules, fundamentals, and strategies of intermediate basketball
3. Develop intermediate basketball skills
4. Maintain good cardiovascular habits.
5. Exhibit ability to organize a basketball tournament.
|REQUIREMENTS:||The student will:
1. Learn basketball skills beyond beginning basketball
2. Learn through observation, individual drill, films, demonstration, practicalobservation, and lecture
3. Attend class and participate.
4. BYU-I clothing required.
5. Participate in hands-on screening, offensive, defensive, and team play
6. Write papers
7. Pass written and skill tests
|PREREQUISITES:||Competitive basketball or ability to play beyond beginning level.|
|OTHER:||1. Two unexcused absences allowed.
2. Four or more absences will result in automatic failure.
3. Pass/Fail grade is available with less than four absences.
4. BYU-Idaho approved clothing is required
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2004|