|CLASS CODE:||PE 145||CREDITS: 1||FEE: $4.00|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||This class enables the more experienced volleyball student to refine skills.|
|TAUGHT:||Winter, Summer, Fall|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||This class is designed to help student play correct more advanced levels of volleyball skills and provide an avenue of participation for the more experienced volleyball student.
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||The student will:
1. Review and exhibit knowledge of history, rules, and etiquette - both national and international
2. Review and work to make correct the neurological development of the skills of power game of volleyball
3. Develop coordination, strength, and overall general fitness
4. Develop positive and hard working social interactions between participants in class and in game participation efforts as well
5. Follow directions, control emotions, and work hard in a training and competitive environment
6. Participate, work hard, and strive for excellence
7. Grow in self-confidence and other spiritual values through the development of new and fun abilities that can be enjoyed now and throughout life
|REQUIREMENTS:||The student will:
1. Learn through demonstration, lectures, observation, and one-on-one coaching
2. Exhibit offensive and defensive capability
3. Participate in scrimmages, game settings, individual practice, and tournaments
4. Exhibit team effort
5. Attend class and participate.
6. Pass written and skill tests
|PREREQUISITES:||1. Beginning volleyball skills and knowledge.
2. Must have offensive and defensive knowledge and ability.
3. Must have played competitive volleyball.
4. Be teachable and follow instructions.
|OTHER:||1. Two unexcused absences allowed.
2. Four or more absences will result in automatic failure.
3. Pass/Fail grade is available with less than four absences.
4. BYU-Idaho approved clothing is required.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2003|