|CLASS CODE:||AGBUS 100||CREDITS: 1||FEE: $50.00|
|DIVISION:||AGRICULTURAL AND LIFE SCIENCES|
|DEPARTMENT:||AGRICULTURE BUSINESS SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Provides an orientation in making decisions concerning careers in the broad field of Agri-business. This career search will involve a self-assessment of talents, interest, abilities, needs and resources in order to better identify possible career alternatives.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||* Opportunities in Agriculture.
* Advising concepts.
* Introduction to the Political System in dealing with Agriculture.
* Decisions concerning careers in the broad field of Agri-Business.
* A self-assessment of talents, interests, abilities, needs and resources in order to better identify possible career alternatives.
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Schedule appointment with advisor and meet with him.
2. Read a journal article selected as promoting something new to help in some aspect of job opportunties in agriculture.
3. Submit a Career Plan for a particular occupation.
4. Read books from assigned book list.
5. Attend presentations.
|REQUIREMENTS:||Since many of the important concepts will be discussed in class, attendance is very important.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2001|