|CLASS CODE:||PE 147||CREDITS: 1|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||To provide a wide variety of skills and techniques of beginning soccer.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Soccer is on a block plan which meets four hours per week and includes a wide variety of skills, techniques, and fundamental knowledge necessary to play soccer effectively.
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||The student will:
1. Learn and exhibit basic skills and correct fundamentals of beginning soccer
2. Improve cardiovascular endurance through playing soccer
3. Develop levels of physical fitness and skill
5. Exhibit team effort
6. Exhibit knowledge, strategies, and skill of playing soccer in a team setting
|REQUIREMENTS:||The student will
1. Learn through lecture, demonstration, and evaluation
2. Attend class and participate
3. Participate in Cooper Test, Ploymetric Course, play, and games
4. Pass skill and written tests
|OTHER:||1. Two unexcused absences allowed.
2. four or more absences will result in automatic failure.
3. Pass/Fail grade is available with less than four absences
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2004|