|CLASS CODE:||PE 148||CREDITS: 1|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||This course is for experienced players that have played competitive soccer and will be taught to understand the game at a higher tactical level.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||The student will:
1. Exhibit skill of team competition
2. Exhibit understanding of soccer at a team level
3. Interact with teammates
4. Exhibit knowledge, strategies, and skill of playing soccer in team setting
5. Exhibit ability to organize a soccer team
6. Exhibit team effort by strategy and by following rules
|REQUIREMENTS:||The student will:
1. Learn through lecture, demonstration,labs
2. Attend class and participate
3. Pass skill and written tests
|PREREQUISITES:||Must have Beginning Soccer or have played on a soccer team.|
|OTHER:||1. Class will play four hours a week for block class.
2. Two unexcused absences allowed.
3. Four or more absences will result in automatic failure.
4. Pass/Fail grade available with less than four absences.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2004|