|CLASS CODE:||PE 119||CREDITS: 1||FEE: $4.00|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course fulfills a General Education - Basic Skills requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||An more advanced course in the game of racquetball providing instruction in more advanced skills and strategies.|
|TAUGHT:||Winter, Summer, Fall|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||The student will:
1. Learn advanced instruction and skill development in techniques and stragegies: center court dominance, shot selection, and serve strategy.
2. Achieve a consistently higher level of competition
3. Learn and exhibit social etiquette in competitive settings and positive interaction
4. Develop emotional control while competing
5. Develop and exhibit knowledge of rules and terminology of game
6. Develop and exhibit physical skills to teach different shots, rebounds, serves, and strokes: soft corner kill, splat, z, and ceiling consistency
7. Exhibit the ability to organize tournament: Round Robin, King of the Court,and Brackets
|REQUIREMENTS:||The student will:
1. Receive instruction through lecture, demonstration, videos, and reading assignments
2. Participate in competition
3. Pass skill and written tests
4. Attend class and participate
|PREREQUISITES:||1. Must have knowledge of strategies, and fundamentals of racquetball and have ability to play at a more advanced level than beginner.
2. Student will furnish and wear racquetball goggles while playing racquetball.
|OTHER:||1. Two unexcused absences allowed.
2. Four or more absences will result in automatic failure.
3. Pass/Fail grade is available with less than four absencdes.
4. BYU-Idaho clothing is required
5. Students must provide their own goggles.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2004|