|CLASS CODE:||PE 123||CREDITS: 1||FEE: $4.00|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course fulfills a General Education - Basic Skills requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||To teach the basic fundamentals of badminton.|
|TAUGHT:||Winter, Summer, Fall|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||This course is designed to teach the basic fundamentals of badminton to a beginning student.|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||The student will:
1. Learn and exhibit knowledge of all rules and fundamentals of badminton
2. Learn the six basic strokes of badminton and the proper techniques to execute them correctly
3. Achieve a level of play which will make the game of badminton enjoyable
4. Understand and demonstrate singles and doubles strategies
5. Develop sportsmanship and etiquette
|REQUIREMENTS:||The student will:
1. Learn through lecture, demonstration and videos
2. Attend class and participate in drills, tournaments, and all other activities
3. Pass skill and written tests
|OTHER:||1. Two unexcused absences allowed.
2. Four or more absences will result in automatic failure.
3. Pass/Fail grade is available with less than four absences.
4. BYU-I clothing required.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2004|