|CLASS CODE:||PE 133||CREDITS: 1|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course fulfills a General Education - Basic Skills requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||To teach basic skills and fundamentals of tennis.
Locker fees required for winter semester.
|TAUGHT:||Winter, Summer, Fall|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||To familiarize student with stance, rules, fundamentals, terminology and basic skills of the game of tennis, which is a lifetime activity. Tennis is taught to give students a wholesome, vigorous activity.|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||Student will:
1. Learn how to play, score, follow instructions, and use strategy in the game of tennis
2. Exercise enough to get a cardiovascular work-out and to relieve stress
3. Develop and exhibit skill to progress to next skill level
4. Play by rules and exhibit knowledge and skill of rules and fundamentals of tennis: net play, attack, strategy, doubles.
1. Be a beginning tennis student.
2. Learn through demonstration, lecture, videos, drills, presentations, and observation
3. Attend class and participate
4. Participate in competition, games, tournaments, and conditioning
5. Pass written and skill tests
|OTHER:||1. No locker fees required for Winter and Summer Semesters.
2. Locker fees required for Winter semester.
3. Rackets are available in Hart 202.
4. Balls will be furnished
5. Students wear own modest clothing during summer and fall semesters when playing on outdoor courts
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2004|