|CLASS CODE:||PE 195||CREDITS: 1||FEE: $240|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course fulfills a General Education - Basic Skills requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Participants of varying abilities are provided with skill level fundamentals.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Skiing for participants of varying abilities. Sections formed on basis of ability with instruction suited to varying skill levels in fundamentals of skiing. Instruction will be provided in alpine and telemarking provided in a safe and supervised environment.|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||The purpose of this program is to teach the student a lifetime sport that will provide learning opportunities in other areas as well. The student will:
1. Learn safe and effective skiing skills
2. Learn and exhibit correct fundamentals, courtesy, and sae skiing skills
3. Learn a lifetime sport skill
4. Increase level of skiing skill
1. Learn and improve ability through individual lessons, practicing skills, and group participation
|PREREQUISITES:||Skiers will provide their own insurance.
|OTHER:||1. Pass/Fail grade.
2. Ski fee varies according to transportation and left pass fee.
3. Skis and boots can be rented at resort for $25 fee.
4. Skiers will attend class and participate in one of seven skill level groups and attend five classes.
5. Skiers will ride bus.
6. Skiers will be offered ten class times - six being mandatory for a pass grade.
7. Skiers will follow safety rules on bus, at ski lifts and on ski hills.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2004|