|CLASS CODE:||AGBUS 398||CREDITS: 1|
|DIVISION:||AGRICULTURAL AND LIFE SCIENCES|
|DEPARTMENT:||AGRICULTURE BUSINESS SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||The internship is a four to twelve week occupational experience in the agricultural industry after the Freshman year.|
|TAUGHT:||Fall, Winter and Summer|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Internship is structured and supervised to insure a variety of experiences pertaining to the agricultural industry.
* Self evaluation and interest exploration.
* Human relations and yourself.
* Conducting a job search.
* Job Market and internship hunting.
* Self Motivation and goal setting.
* Communicating with people.
* Getting along with co-workers and customers.
* Developing good work habits.
* Developing self-confidence and becoming a leader.
* Safety on the job.
* Managing your personal finances.
* Finding happiness and enhancing your personal life.
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Meet with advisor to sign up for internship and to contact an internship provider.
2. Develop interpersonal and skills for the interships.
3. Complete student internship agreement and master internship agreement with the intership provider.
4. Submit weekly internship activity reports.
5. Ob tain employer's internship evaluation report.
6. Create a formal report addressing the internship experience.
|REQUIREMENTS:||* Complete internship agreement.
* Complete a four to twelve week occupational experience in the Agricultural industry.
* On the job learning reports.
* Supervisor evaluations must be completed and turned into intern advisor.
|PREREQUISITES:||Consent of instructor.|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2001|