|CLASS CODE:||PE 196||CREDITS: 1||FEE: $240|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Provides participants of varying abilities of snowboarding.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Sections formed on basis of ability with instruction suited to varying skill levels in fundamentals of snowboarding. Instruction will be provided in a safe and supervised environment|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||The purpose of this program is to teach the student a lifetime sport that will provide learning opportunities in other areas as well. The student will:
1. Learn patience and control while performing or competing
2. Learn and exhibit correct fundamentals, courtesy, safety, and snowboarding skills
3. Physically get a cardiovascular work-out
4. Increase level of snowboarding skills
1. Learn and improve ability through individual lessons, practicing skills, and group participation
|PREREQUISITES:||Students must provide their own insurance.|
|OTHER:||1. Pass/Fail grade.
2. Snowboard fee varies according to transportation and left pass fee.
3. Snowboards and boots can be rented at resort
4. Snowboarder will attend class and participate in one of seven skill level groups and attend five classes.
5. Snowboarder will ride bus.
6. Snowboarder will be offered ten class times -six being mandatory for a pass grade.
7. Snowboarder will follow safety rules on bus, at ski lifts and on ski hills.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2004|