|CLASS CODE:||AGSYS 123||CREDITS: 2|
|DIVISION:||AGRICULTURAL AND LIFE SCIENCES|
|DEPARTMENT:||AGRICULTURE BUSINESS SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Operation, selection, adjustment and care of tractors, mowers, backhoes, ditchers, and other equipment used in agriculture production, and small construction.|
|TAUGHT:||Fall, Winter and Summer|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||* Safety.
* Equipment operation.
* Loading and tying down equipment for transportation.
* Use of operators and technical manuals for servicing equipment.
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Become adquainted with the basic maintenance operation of some machinery used in agriculture.
2. Perform basic service to the equipment.
3. Operate the equipment provided in a safe manner.
4. Obtain a BYU-Idaho driving permit.
5. Learn to use the operator's manual of various equipment.
|REQUIREMENTS:||A BYU-Idaho driving permit is required before students are allowed to operate University agricultural machinery.
Notebook & pencils.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2004|