|CLASS CODE:||PE*W 141||CREDITS: 1|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||A class designed specifically to teach women the fundamentals of intermediate basketball.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Each student will understand the rules of basketball and will be able to perform the skills of the game well enough to be able to participate on organized teams in intramurals or other.
1. Be united in a team effort.
2. Learn to play unselfishly
3. Relieve stress through activity.
4. Develop a support group with common interests.
5. Knowledge of history, rules , etiquette and courtesy.
6. Develop new basketball skills.
7. Maintain good cardiovascular habits.
8. Play by the rules.
9. To give women a more equal opportunity to expand their skill of basketball.
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. Exhibit understanding and skill and strategies of basketball beyond beginning level
2. Exhibit team effort
3. Attendance and participation in class play and tournaments
4. Exhibit skill to teach rujles, fundamentals, and strategies of basketball
5. Exhibit skill to organize tournament/game
|PREREQUISITES:||1. Beginning basketball or high school basketball.
2. Women only.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 1997|