|Irrigation and Drainage|
|IRR & DRAINAGE|
|CLASS CODE:||AGRON 325||CREDITS: 3|
|DIVISION:||AGRICULTURAL AND LIFE SCIENCES|
|DEPARTMENT:||AGRICULTURE BUSINESS SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Principles and application of soil, water and plant relations, agricultural meteorology, and irrigation.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Competency in understanding and practical application and use of the principles and practices of irrigation and drainage. It includes classroom and field study of:
* Agricultural meteorology.
* Irrigation methods and design.
* Irrigation scheduling, and application.
* Basic soil-water and plant relations.
* Flow of water into and through soil.
* Soil moisture measuring.
* Salt problems in soil and water.
* Consumptive use of water.
* Drainage of irrigated lands.
* Type of irrigation systemd.
* Stream measurement and storage.
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Recognize a need for irrigation.
2. Determine what type of irrigation system to use.
3. Explain what role soil plays in irrigation.
4. Determining how fertilizers affect irrigation.
5. Evaluate irrigation cost and return on investment.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2001|