|Tests and Measurements|
|TESTS & MEASUR|
|CLASS CODE:||PSYCH 378||CREDITS: 3|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||A rigorous examination of psychological testing practices.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Development and validation of standardized tests.|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Know termiology.
2. Know characteristics of good tests.
3. Know procedures for assesing education/intelligence, clinical phenomena, neuropsychology, people with disabilities, and business and career decisions.
4. Discriminate ways of interpreting test (norm vs. criterion referencing).
5. Know limitations of tests.
6. choose appropriate tests for circumstances.
7. Be a critical consumer of information; ask questions about validity and reliability.
|REQUIREMENTS:||Solving homework problems, takig the required examinations, and writing research papers.|
|PREREQUISITES:||Psych 111 and Math 221|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2001|