|Psychology of Effective Living|
|PSY EFFECT LIV|
|CLASS CODE:||PSYCH 240||CREDITS: 3|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||An exploration of psychological principles which
facilitate a productive and satisfying life.
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Who am I, what's in a name, dyadic sharing, the self in groups, pursuit of happiness, successful goal setting, value assessment, mini highs, conflict resolution, winning and losing, don't sweat the small stuff, building meaning relationships, the process of becoming a person|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Know the theories of adjustments.
2. Gain insights on human growth.
3. Gain insights on spirituality.
4. Understand personal traits and tendencies.
5. Gain insights that help us understand others.
6. Develop skills of aternative thinking, group process, decision-making, and leadership.
7. Develop self-disclosure and reciprocity with others.
8. Develop creativity and autonomy.
9. Trust within boundaries.
10. Become open, genuine, understanding, and empathic in communication with others.
|REQUIREMENTS:||Extensive reading, objective and essay exams, oral presentations, group work, and detailed discussions.|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 1991|