|Principles of Learning|
|PRIN OF LEARN|
|CLASS CODE:||PSYCH 361||CREDITS: 3|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||This course examines the means by which behavior is acquired and extinguished.|
|TAUGHT:||Fall, Winter, Summer (odd summers)|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Learn from every experience in life.
2. Understand that learning is a constant process, taking place "24-7".
3. Know that teaching is a process that is continual.
4. Know the theories of learning.
5. Know the terminology of learning.
6. Learn to keep concise records.
7. Understand the importance of constancy in the learning and teaching process.
8. Demonstrate dependability in working with lab animals.
9. Develop an appreciation for the learning process.
10. Demonstrate patience and flexibility in dealing with the dynamics of the learning process.
|REQUIREMENTS:||Extensive reading, objective and essay exams, oral presentations, group work, and detailed discussions.|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2001|