|CLASS CODE:||PSYCH 376||CREDITS: 3|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Introduction to theories and research in cognition and cognitive development.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||1. History and methods of cognitive psychology.
2. Cognitive neuroscience.
3. Attention and consciousness.
6. Images and propositions.
9. Problem solving
10. Decision making
11. Cognitive development
12. Human and artificial intelligence.
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Account for differences in cognitive behavior of individuals using psychological terms and theories.
2. To be able to find, analyze, use, and evaluate research information.
3. To improve self as an independent learner-teacher.
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. Capture (read and summarize) materials from the text and lectures.
2. Expand on the capture by writing personal examples or illustrations of the concepts.
3. Teach other class members from memory.
4. Evaluate personal and group members' work and help each one get better.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2001|