|Senior Project I|
|SR. PROJECT I|
|CLASS CODE:||PSYCH 491||CREDITS: 1 - 2|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Comprehensive two semester integrated research experience using the psychological research process and skills gained in psychology classes. Literature search and review, project design and proposal. Prospectus submitted to Senior Research Project Committee.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Search psychological literature.
2. Critique psychological research.
3. Conduct a literature search.
4. Formulate a testable hypothesis or testable hypotheses.
5. Design a study to address the hypothesis(es).
6. Write a research prospectus that is approved by the Senior Research Committee.
|REQUIREMENTS:||Conduct a literature search on a topic of interest, write an annotated bibliography, write a research prospectus, and submit proposal to the Senior Research Committee.|
|PREREQUISITES:||Psych 111, 302, and consent of instructor.|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2004|