|Leisure in Society|
|LEISURE IN SOC|
|CLASS CODE:||RL 304||CREDITS: 3|
|DIVISION:||BUSINESS & COMMUNICATION|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Exploration of challenges associated with leisure. Emphasis on leisure values and their relationship to society and the individual.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Understand conceptual foundations of play, recreation and leisure.
2. Explore the history of recreation and leisure.
3. Examine the significance of play, recreation and leisure on technology, economics, and politics.
4. Investigate the role of play, recreation and leisure during the life cycle.
5. Become aware of professional practices and professional organizations in leisure services.
6. Develop a personal career plan and job search tools.
7. Develop personal recreation and leisure values.
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. Ten Experiential Exercises
2. A Diary of leisure activities
3. Six Exams
4. Comprehensive final exam
5. Attendance & Participation
6. Cover letter and Resume
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2002|